(3 credits/45 hours) In-serivce credits only
Great Teachers, Great Students
Each and every day in the teaching profession, we are knee deep in adolescence. Teachers wear a multitude of hats as they are faced with creating an atmosphere of challenges, choices, and meaningful experiences for students. The very vulnerability of adolescence makes it a time of tremendous opportunity for emotional, intellectual, and social growth. We can either make or break situations as they arise.
Within this course, participants will complete a myriad of tasks:
• Complete an introspection of themselves and their teaching styles
• Complete research on adolescent growth (social and emotional)
• Share relevant teaching stories that assist everyone in the teaching process
• Cultivate student interest by creating exciting opportunities for growth
• Master different approaches to prepare students for higher thinking
• Execute lessons that enrich student learning
• Walk in someone else’s shoes in terms of learning and comprehending.
Overall, participants will be refreshed as they enhance their classrooms by learning more about themselves!
*A must for all educators!
ON-LINE (3 credits/45 hours) in-service credit only